The Union Democrat and Tribune News Service offers up psychotherapist Barton Goldsmith’s 5 tips for keeping your relationship in emotional balance.
Goldsmith writes (excerpt):
1. If either one of you gets your feelings hurt, stop and talk about it ASAP. . . .
2. Accept that your partner can be happy with you even if they’re not happy with some other aspects of their life. . . .
3. Remember to show your love and appreciation. . . .
4. Check in with the one you love. . . .
5. Feelings aren’t always correct, so learn how to say “Oops, I’m sorry.”